Sunday, May 07, 2006

Gallaudet Protests and Truffle

Okay! This is my fourth time trying to film this tonight. It's been screwing up for a bunch of different reasons, but anyway, seems like it's working now. I had mentioned a few things the previous time I tried to film, but it was slow, and not working, and...

I didn't do a whole lot today, we went to see the movie Stick It - Stick It - it's a gymnastics movie, and I really didn't like it much. I had high expectations and they were dashed, because I just didn't like it. That's really the only thing I did today.

I want to mention again my opinion on this Gallaudet protest thing - I don't support it. In the past, in 1988 at DPN, everyone knew that the president was hearing until he was 20 years old. But now, at least Jane Fernandes was born deaf. Her parents decided to raise her as hearing - as oral. So, I just don't understand this stuff, why they're continuing to protest. I know people who are involved in it, but I don't really support it myself. And you know, DPN was almost 20 years ago, so some of the students weren't born back in 1988 - or mostly they were little babies. So I don't get why they're still protesting - because they want the same experience as DPN? People have to understand, I. King Jordan can't be president forever. So, really, they have to - uh, I don't know. I don't want to get into it. I just don't think it's a good idea them to keep protesting for the sake of protesting, that's all.

Anyway, the real reason I'm making this is because I want to introduce you to my cat, Truffle. [grabs him] He just woke up! I think it's important to take videos of all my cats, because I want to have those memories forever - that's the most important thing, to keep those forever.

No comments: